In my previous posts, I’ve talked about why women consider elements of the Mommy Makeover and whether it’s right for you. As a quick refresher, the Mommy Makeover is plastic surgery, also known as cosmetic surgery, with the ultimate goal of restoring a woman’s body after childbirth.
Many women spend what seems to be an endless amount of time exercising and counting calories all in the hopes of returning to the “you” that you miss – the “you” that you’re not ready to give up or forget about. The problem is, for many women, no amount of disciplined exercise, clean-eating and water-drinking will make some of the effects of motherhood go away. That’s where these makeovers come into play.
But before we dive into the Mommy Makeover procedures, please be aware that results vary in each individual person, and no description of a procedure is a guarantee of expected results! (Read our disclaimer here.)
So, what do these procedures include? The most common procedures are:
- A tummy tuck to remove stretched-out skin, excess fat, and stretch marks in the abdomen. With this procedure, it’s possible to tighten up the midline and even reposition your belly button.
- Liposuction to remove stubborn fat in the midline, love handles, and sometimes the thighs and hips. We can also do liposuction in the bra strap area.
- Breast augmentation, with the goal of improving the appearance of cleavage in the flattened upper area of the breasts.
- A breast lift, which is meant to raise sagging breasts and restore the nipples to their original position. It’s also possible to improve the appearance of the nipple and areola (the pigmented area around the nipple).
- Breast reduction to remove excess weight still trapped in your breasts.
- Labiaplasty in the vaginal area, which is meant to tighten the excess tissue that may have been permanently stretched during pregnancy and the birthing process, and/or improve the appearance of the genital area.
- Eyelid lift to target wrinkles and under-eye bags from all those sleepless nights with the baby.
- Other facial procedures, including Botox®, to treat the elevens (vertical wrinkles between the eyes), crow’s feet, and other wrinkles, or fillers (hyaluronic acid gel like Voluma®, Restylane®, Juvederm®) or fat transfers, with the goal of improving the wrinkles around the nose, mouth, and lips and restoring fullness in cheeks.
No matter what your desired change, we (and board-certified surgeons like myself) are ready to help you achieve the body you want back. Learn more about what you should ask yourself when considering a Mommy Makeover, and visit our site to get more information on your next steps.