When a mom who is considering a Mommy Makeover visits me in my office for the first time, we spend time talking about how she feels about her body right now:
- What parts do you like? Why?
- What are your areas of greatest concern? Why?
- How did you feel about your body before your first pregnancy?
- How has your appearance changed since?
- How would you like your body to be different in the future?
- Are you happy with the size and shape of your breasts?
- Are you confident in tight-fitting clothes or being seen?
- Is it time for the bigger breasts you have always wanted? naked?
- Do you wear a bikini now? Will you in the future? What will that take?
Some women say they liked the way their breasts looked while they were breast-feeding. Now that they have stopped, they feel that their breasts look like “fried eggs” or “pancakes flopping on their chest.” Some moms just want more fullness, others want a little more cleavage, and some want their nipples to stop “looking downward.”
It’s all possible.
Some women come in and tell me, “I hate the way I look in jeans,” or “I hate the way my belly hangs over,” or “I want to get back into that bikini.” Others just say, “I want to get rid of this extra weight.”
These concerns can be met too. Of course, some want to restore both their breasts and their bellies.
One thing I’ve learned over my years in practice is that no two women will have the same desires or concerns. It’s all a very, very personal and individual decision. I like to help my patients dream a little about where they see themselves after surgery: what they would like their results to be. That’s where all the questions above come into play. As a surgeon, I can guide you through what is appropriate and safe, as well as what can be done in a single surgery versus multiple surgeries. As a patient thinks through the possibilities, I can help her process and envision what the end result could be. Then we can discuss what Mommy Makeover procedures are right for her.
For other topics related to the Mommy Makeover that are answered in out #1 Amazon Best Selling book, please visit amazon/author/drmike for your copy or submit a contact form to schedule your consultation.