A Mommy Makeover in Nashville, TN, is a group of cosmetic surgery procedures that can improve a woman’s appearance following childbirth and breastfeeding, both of which can cause dramatic changes to the body.
After pregnancy and breastfeeding, it is not uncommon for the body to change. Areas of desired improvement include sagging breasts, tummy bulges and stretch marks, and fat pockets that do not disappear after post-pregnancy weight loss. Addressing these concerns surgically is commonly referred to as a Mommy Makeover.
The effects of pregnancy and breastfeeding on the tummy, breasts, and other areas of the body often last well after the cessation of breastfeeding. Common complaints include the size and shape of the breasts, bulging abdominal contours, unsightly stretch marks, and stubborn fat deposits on the hips. A Mommy Makeover is designed to address these areas.
Some of the procedures included in a Mommy Makeover include:
- Breast augmentation is used to replace lost breast volume
- A breast lift (mastopexy) removes excess skin to provide perkier and more shapely breast contours
- A tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) removes excess skin and tightens the abdominal wall muscles for a taut, flat abdominal contour
- When there are discreet fat pads that do not respond to diet and exercise, liposuction (ultrasonic and/or suction-assisted) is used for contouring
- Vaginal rejuvenation may also be necessary to tighten the excess tissue that may have been permanently stretched during pregnancy and the birthing process, and/or improve the appearance of the genital area
- Facial procedures such as an eyelid lift and Botox® can eliminate under-eye bags and treat wrinkles
These procedures can often be performed on an outpatient basis. Recovery to the point of being able to drive a car typically takes between three and five days, with the majority of patients experiencing discomfort more than serious pain.
Who Should Get a Mommy Makeover?
The best candidates for a Mommy Makeover are women who:
- Are done having children
- Have finished breastfeeding
- Have been back on their usual menstrual cycle for three months
- Have achieved a stable weight and are in a regular exercise program
Schedule Your Consultation to Learn More About Mommy Makeovers in Nashville, TN
You can schedule your consultation with Dr. Burgdorf today by calling (615) 241-9594. You may also click here to schedule your in-person or virtual consultation. During your consultation, Dr. Burgdorf will take the time to listen to your needs, answer all your questions regarding your unique aesthetic goals, and ensure that you are comfortable and confident with your treatment plan. We look forward to meeting you!